Pages

Yoroshiku~!

Hye, Cookie desu!

This is the place where I want to ramblings about useless stuffs. If you see many Arashi related that's because I LOVE them and drooling myself over the super dorkalicious Mr.Fail!Sakurai Sho.

Talk to me about anything! or everything! I'm totally cool with almost every single cell in the universe. Just try me!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

ギフト - 嵐

It was this particular scene that gets me hooked up to this song.
Really, I know I can't deny such beautiful "ichirin no hana" as this man showed me.

The song has really beautiful lyrics behind it. It's rare, because usually a song is about a mother but this song suppose to be a song from a mother.

Aiba-chan did say about this in [Boku no Miteiru Fuukei] Roundtable Discussion from Johnny's Web.

Aiba: Really, there are so many songs I like. "Gift", for example. I believe there weren't many songs mothers did sing themselves up until now, but this one has a life-sized feeling to it.


So, here's the lyrics translation.



どれだけ時間が過ぎただろう 優しく僕の手を握るあなた
Dore dake toki ga sugita darou Yasashiku boku no te wo nigiru anata
I wonder how much time has passed Since you held my hand gently
そんな景色が 何故か今になって 胸の深いとこ熱くする
Sonna keshiki ga nazeka ima ni natte mune no fukai toko atsuku suru
That kind of scene has somehow come to warm a place deep in my heart now


いつから大事な言葉ほど 素直に言えなくなったんだろう
Itsukara daiji na kotoba hodo sunao ni ienaku nattan darou
I wonder from when did I become unable to say important things honestly
ふと見つめた その背中は少しだけ 小さく思えた
Futo mitsumeta sono senaka wa sukoshi dake chiisaku omoeta
I casually gazed at that back which seemed just a little bit small


自分の弱さを知るたびに あなたのぬくもりを知りました
Jibun no yawasa wo shiru tabi ni anata no nukumori wo shirimashita
Whenever I felt my own weakness, I felt your warmth too


この歌が響くようにと 届くようにと 飾らないそのままの思いを
Kono uta ga hibiku you ni to, todoku you ni to Kazaranai sono mama no omoi wo
I hope that this song resounds, that it reaches you, and the feelings are unchanged and unadorned
僕がいつか誰かを 守るときがくれば あなたの手を思い出すだろう
Boku ga itsuka dareka wo mamoru toki ga kureba Anata no te wo omoidasu darou
If the time comes that someday I'll protect someone else I hope I'll remember your hand


あなたは痛みや悲しみを 決して人に見せたりしないのに
Anata wa itami ya kanashimi wo kesshite hito ni misetari shinai no ni
Despite that you never show people your pain or sorrow
僕の弱さを 自分の痛みかのように 小さく笑った
Boku no yowasa wo jibun no itami ka no you ni chiisaku waratta
You gave a small laugh that my weakness is similar to your own pain


旅立ち僕に何度も何度も 生きる勇気をくれました
Tabidachi boku ni nando mo nando mo ikiru yuuki wo kuremashita
You gave the me who was setting out on a journey the courage to live over and over again


遠い街から眺めてるよ どんなときでも 確かなひとすじの思いを
Tooi machi kara nagameteru yo Donna toki demo tashika na hitosuji no omoi wo
I'm watching from a faraway city No matter when, with feelings that are surely resolute
夢に続くこの道 立ち止まったときは あなたの声が聞こえてくるよ
Yume ni tsudzuku kono michi Tachidomatta toki wa anata no koe ga kikoete kuru yo
Dreams continue on this road When I stood still, I was able to hear your voice


この歌が響くようにと 届くようにと...
Kono uta ga hibiku you ni to, todoku you ni to....
I hope that this song resounds, that it reaches you....


それはまるで どこか懐かしい 匂いがするような一輪の花
Sore wa marude dokoka natsukashii nioi ga suru you na ichirin no hana
That is like the nostalgic scent similar to a single flower from somewhere
僕がいつか誰かを 守るときがくれば あなたの手を思い出すだろう
Boku ga itsuka dareka wo mamoru toki ga kureba Anata no te wo omoidasu darou
If the time comes that someday I'll protect someone else I hope I'll remember your hand


ギフト - 嵐
Gift by Arashi
Lyrics: Sakuta Masaya
Music: Sakuta MAsaya
Gift is the 7th track included in Arashi's 9th studio album 僕の見ている風景/Boku no Miteiru Fuukei/The Scenery I'm Looking At

Original lyrics and translations by yarukizero.livejournal can be found here
Full Translation: [Boku no Miteiru Fuukei] Roundtable Discussion by shelketuesti.livejournal can be found here

0 comments:

Post a Comment